Friday, November 9, 2012

Season of Gratitude

Wowsers.

Just, Wow.

My little boy came to me just now and said, Mom, aren't you glad you were born and live in this country?

Yes, I said. I am extraordinarily thankful that we live in this land of freedom and opportunity.

He said, Soldiers fight and die to protect us and our country.

Yes, I said. And I am very thankful that there are soldiers who are willing to fight and die for our freedom. They fight and die to protect good, honest, hardworking, strong and industrious people.

Like Dad, he said.

Yes, like Dad.

So I'm going to be thankful for two things this year, he said.

What are those two things, I asked.

What we just talked about and my family, he said.

I'll tell you what, I'm thankful that amid my weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth as I obsessed over politics leading up to and through the night of the election that THIS is what my boy came away with. Gratitude and love.

No comments: