My cute and silly little boy. He's cute and silly. He wants me to take pictures of odd things so they can "be a memory forever." I agree with the sentiment, but not especially with all the things he wants to remember forever.
I did agree to take a picture of the "I lost a tooth!" sticker he got at school today. And now it's a memory forever.
I told him that every time I lost a tooth as a kid my Dad would say "Now you have a hole in your head!" He laughed. I was planning to secretly call my Dad to tell him to mention the hole in his head the next time he spoke to Nicco, but I forgot. When he got home from school, I asked Nicco if he wanted to call his grandparents to tell them about his tooth. He said sure and called them up. He talked to his grandma briefly before his grandpa got on the line. He said "I lost my tooth today!" I heard my Dad in the background say "Now you have a hole in your head!" Hip-hip-hooray! He didn't need to be told! He said it is one benefit of being predictable. You don't have to be reminded to be predictable.
Nicco put his tooth in a treasure box. I asked him if he wants to put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy. He said "No, I want to keep it forever. Besides, I don't really believe in fairies."
Well, says the Mom to herself, that was easy.
2 comments:
I am tired of fairies. And bunnies.
Ha Ha. I don't mind the bunnies and other magical seasonal folks, but I am glad I don't have to deal with the fairy.
Post a Comment