Once upon a time, Nicco said he was so exciting when he meant he was so excited. Since then, I almost always say (in my head) I'm so exciting! when I mean I'm so excited! I know my big sis relates.
Speaking of Big Sis, she (and her offspring) are the reason for my emotional state.
I get a road trip! Yay!
I'm picking up my boy from school this afternoon and heading up to Mesa for the Nike Southwest Regional Cross-Country Championship! Which I expect my super-speedy niece to win! Well, to be fair, maybe I don't expect her to win. I would not be one. tiny. bit. surprised if she does, however.
I'm going to spend an evening, a day (at the races! yippee!) and a night with my sister basking in the reflected glory of my State Champion niece. It will be all nostalgic and fun. Nostalgic just because I ran cross-country too once upon a time when I was young, not because I have any remote idea what it is like to be fast, let alone a State Champion. Then again, I'm not sure Lucy has any idea either. Machines don't have emotions.
Good times ahead!
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment