Grandma always has some fun surprises for her grandchildren. She let Nicco reach his hand into a bag o'treats and he pulled out this dino mosaic.
He worked and worked and went back to it several times to add new details.
He's very serious.
She also baked fresh bread. Mmmm...can't resist!
Grandpa pulled out his gigantic bucket of marbles. Nicco sorted them. His categories were hollows, pretties, and cat's eyes. I think he confused "hollow" for "solid." I don't know how he distinguished the "pretties" in the pile.
After we pulled out all the hollows, pretties, and cat's eyes Nicco wanted to mix the separated marbles together to see how pretty they would be. The smaller pile is the pretty pile, can't you see.
And that's what we do at Grandma's house!
2 comments:
Fun! I used to love marbles too. I'm digging the pic with his tongue out in concentration. Serena still does that at 13 years of age sometimes. So cute!
My Dad collected/won all those marbles on the playground and in sidewalk games when he was a kid. There are 3 generations of Madsens who have loved those particular marbles!
And, like Serena, I can see Nicco sticking out his tongue when he's 13!
Post a Comment