Friday, July 20, 2012

Gun Control

So a single, solitary, sick, twisted psychopath shot and killed a bunch of people. Sick. Twisted. Psychopath.
Never ones to let a tragedy or crisis go to waste, our Dear Leaders are now pushing to take away our second amendment rights and the illustrious Hillary Clinton is currently pushing the Small Arms Treaty in the U.N. Currently. Right Now.

To which I say:
And, if you can take a bullet, you can take my guns.

Just remember, when seconds count, the police are minutes away. Nothing against cops. At all. I'm just saying, I don't mind having responsible concealed-carrying citizens walking among us.

3 comments:

Danae said...

So sad for those people in the theatre. Irritated at parents who took little children to an inappropriate movie at midnight. Irritated at politicians who use this to take away rights and to blame the other side. Matt has wanted a gun for a long time. I think I just might let him get one. Maybe I should too. And we could take family gun lessons.

Tam said...

I won't judge people who took little kids to the show. They may have thought the young ones would fall asleep and they could enjoy the movie. Lots of little kids like those super hero shows. I would not take Nicco, personal choice, but it was a summer Saturday night at the movies. People should be able to take their kids to the movies without fear.

It was nothing more than a senseless, random tragedy. Wrong place, wrong time. And, psychopaths are unpredictable. And criminals will find ways to commit crimes.

You don't disarm the innocent or shut down theaters across the world because of a random nutjob in CO.

You do not give up liberty for a sense of security. A FALSE sense of security, by the way, as demonstrated by TSA.

Tam said...

*NOT Saturday night. Even though in summer, it seems like every night is Saturday. The point remains, even though I can't keep my days straight.