...then it would be a happy, happy birthday to me from me!
Today I celebrate the eleventh anniversary of my twenty ninth birthday. Twenty nine for eleven years running. Not bad, I say!
Nicco and The Daddy asked me what I want to do for my birthday today. I said mop my floors, scrub toilets and showers, pick weeds. Nicco said "NO NO NO! You can't do that today! We'll do...well, maybe you can do that tomorrow." He did lessen my load by opening the blinds. He might not eat his apples and carrots for lunch, saving them for dinner so I will have less work to do. What a guy.
Three years ago my big sis turned 29 + 11. She was excited to have "arrived" and joined the older and wiser club. My Mother-in-law sent me a lovely birthday card extolling the virtues of the quarantaine, which include wisdom and experience. I'm no longer a spring chicken. I'm a wise owl. But since I plan to live forever, those designations hardly matter. Although in the eternal scheme, I'm probably still a spring chicken. But I'd rather be an older wise, romantic, brooding eternal soul than a younger angsty, sparkly, brooding eternal soul.
mmmm....
ewwww.
Speaking of wise owls and spring chickens, my mama sent me a birthday present and in the card was this little gem from my childhood:
![]() |
| Dear Toothfairy, I lost a tooth I can't find it would you please give me money for it? |
Apparently, I was distressed over the loss of a lost tooth so I had all my relatives present petition the tooth fairy as witnesses that I did indeed lose the tooth. It also looks to me like I forged the signatures of my sisters. Fortunately, the parental and grandparental signatures lend some credibility.
I don't remember the incident, but I'm sure the tooth fairy came through for me.
My people always come through for me. That's the best gift I could ever ask for.
Now I'm going to go bake myself a cake!

No comments:
Post a Comment