Monday, May 5, 2014

April 7, 2014

De Grazia
We wanted to pack in some fun while our friends were in town. Friday evening was one of sunsets and patio chatting, Sunday was booked with the bike event, Saturday had the potential to be The Busiest Day Ever. Sandy wanted to go to the Desert Museum, and so did I. It is the one place I have not visited myself or with any visiting friends and relations. But. Nicco had a soccer game right in the middle of the day. If we wanted to be crazy, I said we could go to the garden park in the morning, N's game and lunch in the afternoon, then out to the desert museum after lunch, and the De Grazia Gallery in the Sun at evening time. We decided not to be crazy. Some of us are too lazy to be crazy. It was a casual get up and go on Saturday, Mark and Sandy went to the Desert Museum while I went to Nicco's game, and we had another casual evening of patio chatting while the sun went down on the Catalinas.


Because Mark and Sandy are casual get up and goers, Patrice decided to take Mark to the pistol club and I took Sandy to the Gallery. It was a good idea. Ted De Grazia wanted to live the quiet artist's life in isolation and peace and when he built his gallery, home, and chapel, there were no roads or people around for miles. The chapel was built to serve the local Indians in their weddings and worship and is still used.




I like his soft and simple style.


I could live here, I think.



And, the desert is blooming. So beautiful. Mark decided it was nice after all.



We got back to the house at the same time as the boys, so we helped our guests gather up and sent them on their way. It was lovely to have them visit. Hopefully they'll come again soon. But they probably won't. It's hot now. Maybe in the fall!

No comments: