Thursday, May 1, 2014

April 3, 2014

Soccer Party
This is the last week of soccer, and I think everyone is pretty much glad to be done. It was good in plenty of ways, but it was disappointing knowing that the kids could have, should have, and would have won at least two games they lost because of how their coach rotated their positions. But again, I don't want to complain about something that isn't really my business or at someone doing a job that I don't want to do. I was secretly glad that Coach Chris would not be there for the last game and I would be coaching the way I want to.


Anyway, we planned to play parents v. kids for practice then have pizza after. Nicco and I would have to hustle our muscles, and even leave early in order to get over to his school in time for his musical performance.


We played, we ate, and as I was scooting Nicco toward the car, one of the moms gave me an envelope of pictures she took...



She also gave me this thank you card:

My "sugar babies" wanted to know which candy I planned to give to them. None, of course! It's all for me! I did actually plan to bring it to the game for a surprise snack, but I forgot. I had to hurry and eat the good stuff before my sneaky boys sneaked it!

Even though I was only the back up filler inner, it was nice to be acknowledged for what I did. Nice families, sweet kids. Maybe I will do it next year...

No comments: