I'm still processing the epic and formidable brilliance of
Moby Dick. I feel like I should write a paper. Maybe I will. In the meantime, a thought from Book Club.
We read
The Forgotten Garden, a mystery surrounding an abandoned child, a garden, and book of fairy tales. The abandoned child is taken in and eventually adopted by a loving couple who were struggling to have a child on their own. Says the author, "The child lent a solidity to him and Lil. They were a family now, an unbreakable unit of three."
I read that part of the story around the same time that we watched an episode of Doctor Who in which the earth is invaded with cubes. Millions of cubes that didn't do anything for a whole year. It was known as the slow invasion. Cubes. When the people grew accustomed to the cubes, they attacked. They stopped hearts. But restarted them too. The Shakri (the invading species) were defeated with their own device. Said Amelia Pond, "So that was the year of the slow invasion. When the Earth got cubed and the Doctor came to stay. It was also when we realized something the Shakri never understood. What cubed actually means. The Power of Three."
My unbreakable unit of three. Cubed.
No comments:
Post a Comment