Monday, May 20, 2013

Good Idea, Bad Idea

Good idea: Tree Hugging
There is nothing quite like the vanilla or butterscotch fragrance buried in the cracks of the pine bark which fills the freshy-fresh mountain air with sweetness. It's energizing and rejuvenating.
 
Bad idea: Cactus Hugging
The Daddy slipped and lost his balance while doing some outdoor work and fell onto a Saguaro. Luckily, he only planted one hand in the spines, not both. Or worse, his face. I spent most of the morning yesterday as "Doctor Mom" hunched over his palm with my needle and tweezers, doing surgery. This is one of the smaller poison tips I pulled out of Patrice's fingers. They were buried in the joints, palm, fingers, everywhere. Poor guy. The cactus spines can cause blood poisoning, so Patrice endured my digging and prodding.
 
Nicco asked him how it happened and after the explanation he told his Daddy matter of factly, "That was foolish." I guess he won't do that again! 

No comments: