Sunday, May 12, 2013

Spoily, Spoily, Spoily!

Yesterday My Baby's Daddy said something about needing something for Mother's Day. I said, "Why? I'm not your mom." Nicco said, "Don't worry Dad. I've got it covered."

I woke up to a multitude of hugs and kisses, wept as the small children sang songs honoring Mamas at church, then came home to a treasure hunt. My small boy left notes hidden around the house, accompanied by small treasures. All on his own. His very own plan. So cute. I lurvs him!

Happy mothers day, mom! this is your first clue, you will find these whenever you find a gift.
So here is your first clue. #one after you get dressed and see me look around your room. Love Nicco.
 Hidden under that clue was this lego heart with an M on top, for Mom.
My next clue said: Congratulations! You have reached your 2nd clue! You are going to have a lot of fun. Clue #2 eat breakfast. Look in kitchen.

I found this beautiful picture. He said, "I wanted to draw like Vincent again, but because it's mother's day, I made red roses. Your favorite color!" Did I mention that I love this kid? I love him.

The next clue said: Wow! I can't believe your at the 3rd clue! Your going to love this one! Clue #3 after you bake cookies (he gave me a choice...I can bake cookies, or a cake, or brownies. It's my choice!) look in the office.
In the office I found a red toy car (my favorite color). The good news, my boy said, is that I get to keep it. I told him he could borrow it from me any time. I also found my next clue.

Your at the 4th clue already! Well, your doing great, Mom. Clue #4 if you want to do anything else go ahead. Look around the house.

I looked around the house and found six little magnets he made in his primary class.

When I found the last magnet, there was another clue: Hurry up! One more clue! Clue #5 Go outside and look out there.
I found the package from his school project and the final note which read, "You made it! Happy mother's day, mom." I opened it on our new loungy chairs. The Daddy got me a gift after all!

More kisses!
The boys made a Mother's Day linner (it was too late for brunch) feast:

Bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, bagels and lox, and french toast. Om nom nom!

And now that the day is in the record books, I'm going back out to the patio. Must lounge.

No comments: