Nicco's school partnered with McDonald's to raise funds. There were two McTeachers nights this year, one about a month ago and one last night. When I dropped Nicco off at school on the day of the first event, I asked the PTO representative if she knew which teachers would be there. She told me it would be the Kindergarten, first, and second grade teachers. Nicco wanted to order food from his teacher and I like to support his school, so I decided I could endure dinner at McDonald's for those worthy causes.
When we got to McDonald's, we didn't see Mrs. G. anywhere! How disappointing! We had a nice little Mama-Son dinner together anyway and were happy to contribute to the school fundraiser. As April 30 approached, Nicco did not let me forget that McTeachers night was coming up. Unable to stomach another McDonald's dinner within a month, I told Nicco he could choose a treat: fries or dessert. He chose dessert. I even let him splurge and get a McFlurry instead of a $1 vanilla cone. It's for a good cause, after all.
We saw Mrs. G.
I told her how much I'm looking forward to the class play on Friday. She and Nicco glanced at each other, he giggled, and she winked and said, "It just gets better and better every day!" Then they laughed together. I can't wait to find out what the secret silliness is all about!
It was a mad house. The crowds were suffocating so we went to find a seat outside. There were none. We took our ice cream on the road. When we got home, Nicco told the Daddy how delicious his McFlurry was. He gave the Daddy a very small taste and we went inside to finish. He had to keep his frosty treat away from not just the sweet-toothed Daddy, but his sneaky and determined sweet-toothed cat as well!
And now I don't have to go to McDonald's again for a very long time.
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment