From there to here, from here to there,
Funny things are everywhere.
~Dr. Seuss
This is funny:
When Nicco was helping his Daddy take down Christmas lights, he came in with tape across his mouth. I put my hands on my hips, suppressed a giggle, and demanded to know if he sassed his Dad, forcing him to tape his mouth shut. The Kid laughed, found a pencil and a piece of paper, and wrote, "NO."
On my way home from the gym last week when it was cold, I saw a lady out walking in the chilly morning air. (It was probably only 50 degrees by then...brrr!!) She was wearing oven mitts on her hands.
While we waited in the checkout line at Sprouts, a curious person walked in. The person was very tall and very broad in the shoulders, with somewhat receding, shoulder length hair, bleached into oblivion. The person was not dressed particularly masculine or feminine and the face was distorted so it was difficult to discern the gender. As the person approached, I guessed (s)he was at least faking femininity, if (s)he was not feminine by nature. The facial distortions were due to either very recent or very bad collagen injections.
And, for some reason, I have the song My Uncle Terwilliger Waltzes With Bears stuck in my head. It's a terrible, terrible state of affairs....
The adopt-a-street sign at the entrance of my neighborhood is funny too. The family adopting our street "in loving memory of Buddy the Cat" just makes me laugh.
Speaking of signs, our town enlists the minimum security prisoners to clean and maintain our streets, sidewalks, and medians. I think it is great. But, the sign that says "Inmates Working. Do Not Stop" gives me a chuckle. Today was park day and there were "inmates working" on the side of the road, right by the stop sign. I had to stop. I told Nicco to lock his door. Not that I really thought an inmate would carjack us at the stop sign with the rest of the crew and presumably, a supervisor and all the passing traffic as witnesses, but still. A precaution.
When we got to the park there was a utility guy working on a drain. The kids were curious. They were good to stay a safe distance away. I went to check on them and the friendly utility guy said he enjoys the company at his boring job and the boys followed his instructions to sit and watch and to stay away from the hole and away from the "cootie water." When I was confident that they were safe from holes, water, wires and strangers, I walked away to let them observe the worker at work. As I walked away, I heard one of the boys ask him, "Are you an inmate?" That was funny.
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
2 comments:
Here's a funny thing to add to your list. Yesterday I saw three of Duncan's friends walking toward Noah's house with what appeared to be pretty large, kind of fat dogs. Then I realized they were goats. I didn't know why they were walking to Noah's with goats. Duncan ran over to check it out. Apparently the boys were walking and the goats came along and just followed them. Shortly after, Russell went out for a run. The goats, still with the boys, saw him and followed him. They followed him for 2 MILES!!! He said people were kind of laughing when they saw him running along with two goats. He thought he would lead them to the house that we know has goats, which is along his running route. But, before he could get there, a boy on a scooter crossed his path and they followed him instead. I get the giggles imagining people seeing him running with goats and laughing. We wonder where the goats belong.
That is funny. Someone should make it a video game.
Post a Comment