Friday, January 4, 2013

I Dreamed a Dream

It was really bad.
I haven't had a nightmare like this in a long, long time.

I used to have these violent, horrific nightmares in which I was running, hiding, protecting my family from evil monsters and weapon-wielding murderers. They were vivid and terrifying. I would wake up sweating, confused, and afraid to move until I realized it was a dream. Even with that realization, in the middle of the night it was hard to feel at ease.

This was worse. Way worse. Instead of running, hiding, and protecting people I love from evil monsters, I was chasing, hunting, and slaughtering people. People I love. I was the evil monster.
It was awful.

Then I had to teach primary children in the classroom that was inexplicably in my bedroom in a penthouse apartment with all my delicates strewn about. Apparently, in my murderous rampage I forgot to put my laundry away.

The horror!

But seriously. It was horrific.