Saturday, January 12, 2013

Football

I used to love the Broncos.
I wore my orange and blue every Sunday.
I never missed a game.
I wept and cheered and lived and died on every play.

Apparently, Payton (or is it Peyton?) Manning is the best thing to happen to the Broncos since John Elway. I'm watching the game right now, one they are expected to win. It's the playoffs, baby! They could win the Super Bowl!

 I'll always be a Broncos fan, even if I rarely watch the games.

Waves of nostalgia should be washing over me, but watching the game taking place in Denver-Town today, all I can think is Brrrrr.

P.S. Peyton Manning is officially NOT the best thing to happen to the Broncos since John Elway. Or, he is the best thing since, but he is NO John Elway. Blarg. Now I can go back to not watching football.

4 comments:

Danae said...

Such a bummer. I am not impressed with Peyton. And he certainly is NOT Elway. It did look so awfully cold.

Tam said...

It was very disappointing. Peyton made me crazy with that no huddle where he went up to each player on the line! Just have a huddle, dude! But, I think we can blame Nicco. He got tired of the game and wanted to change the channel. I reminded him that it's always his turn to watch a show, so the ONE time I want to watch something, he has to just. let. me. watch. Then I amended my statement...the THREE times, since the Broncos would be playing three games. He said, "That's not gonna happen." Then they lost and he said, "I told you." So, it wasn't the refs, it wasn't the coach, it wasn't the interceptions. It was Nicco.

Danae said...

Well, thanks a lot Nicco!

Tam said...

Then again, maybe we can blame YOU for buying a t-shirt too late!