Saturday, January 5, 2013

It's a Wrap

(I tried to post this a couple days ago but the google conspiracy to control me through my data was kicked up a notch when the "browse" button disappeared from my "upload pictures" options and I was forced to make a picasa album. Forced. Against my will. To use another Google tool.)

Mom and Dad hit the road this morning.

I sneaked some extra Christmas treats into their road trip snack box. Ha ha!

We had a good visit even though we didn't go on too many adventures. We did visit the Mini Time Machine, a museum of miniatures. You aren't allowed to use a flash there, and I forgot to steal the fuzzy pictures on Mom's camera (I forgot to put the charged up battery back into my camera) that I took of Nicco looking at the Mini Christmas Village on the floor in one room. (maybe my Mama will send the pictures to me.)

We also went to La Encantada on the Saturday before Christmas to see the Enchanted Snowfall. It was enchanting!

Watching the "snow" fall from the upper level
 
Catching "snow" flakes




Nicco tried to make a snowball. I let him. Another kid came over and tried to do the same, but his mama scolded him. It's dirty and icky to touch the ground where soapy pretend snow fell! The kid stood aside and watched Nicco, filled with envy and desire to play as he played.
Nicco and his snowballs. He giggled and laughed and tossed the foamy fluff at his grandpa. Patrice made a face like the scolding mama. I may have rolled my eyes. I regularly tell Nicco that getting a little dirty and bruised are signs of fun. I didn't think this was an exception to that rule. My kid will have a fonder memory of the evening than the other kid who wasn't allowed to get dirty. So there.

We went to Frost a few times. It's a tradition. And it makes Mom and Dad feel like they are back in Italy. (I also took a picture of Nicco with his dark chocolate gelato mustache on Mom's camera...maybe she will send me that picture too!)

We played lots and lots of games and took many walks.

It's always sad when visits come to an end. Last night, after Nicco told me that if our hose is hard to roll up we should get the ex-hose because it expands when the water comes on and gets small again when the water is off. Believe it or not, it fits in a flower pot. It doesn't bend, it doesn't break. And it's only something ninety five. Or something ninety nine. After that infomercial, he told me he doesn't want to dream about tomorrow. It will be too sad. He slept in late this morning and went back to bed and tried to refuse to say good-bye in an effort to delay the inevitable departure of his grandparents.

We watched them drive around the bend even though we were f-f-freezing, and when we came inside Nicco said, with a tear in his eye and a catch in his throat, "I loved playing Spot It with Grandma. I loved playing Mille Bornes with Grandpa. I am going to miss them so much."

~sniff~

2 comments:

Danae said...

I hate it when they leave too. I am always kind of down for few hours and then I have to pick myself up and clean and get back to life. It was not the same feeling when my company left this time. Relief, and then cleaning.

Tam said...

It is always nice to have your own house back, even when you have lots of fun.