While Mom and I were scanning and labeling old photos in my office, a couple pairs of birds were asserting themselves. We had a pair of mourning doves who looked like they were flirting with each other, until a papa quail came on the scene and quite loudly and forcefully interrupted their dance. Later, the quail pair marched up and down along our wall as if to dare the mourning doves to return. We saw the doves with their babies, but after the quail incident, they have since moved their home to another location. I saw the quail pair walking the perimeter of my house and I decided to follow them, but I lost track of them when I got distracted looking at the little green balls that will eventually be oranges. (Yay! The orange tree survived the freeze!) I have since seen the papa quail sans partner, so I searched the logical hiding places and found the brooding mama on a pile of leaves that we haven't cleaned up yet.
I'm not going to tell Nicco. I want those babies to hatch!
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
2 comments:
You must take a picture when they hatch! I would love to have a little quail family for pets ;-)
Oh, and your patio looks AWESOME! It makes me want to buy your house!
I'll let you know when (if...) it is ever for sale :) In the mean time, our door is always open for a visit!
Post a Comment