Jasmine.
So pretty and dainty and fragrant.
And right outside my front door. And loaded with pollen. We had what everyone I know in Tucson (all 3 of them...) called an "extraordinary" spring last year. I was told not to expect a repeat, because last winter was "so wet." Well, so far this spring is pretty much just like last spring (sorry you missed it, Mom and Dad!) The cacti are blooming, the palo verde are amarillo, and while the colors are delightful, my sinuses are suffering. I have never experienced seasonal allergies before. In Bailey, our window sills and table tops were dusted with pine pollen that never bothered me. In Littleton, the lilac, honeysuckle, and forsythia bloomed outside my windows and never affected my sinuses. Every now and then, freshly mown grass would elicit a sneeze, but that was it.
A few weeks ago I was in my office with the fresh outside air wafting in through the open window and microscopic invaders attacked. My eyes ran, my nose ran, and I've been sneezing ever since. Poor little Nicco has the same problem. We are living on Allegra and Benadryl here. At least I have something to blame for the black circles under my eyes. My friend Holly told me they are called "allergy shiners."
Nicco has already been in the pool for several weeks, but I'm waiting for the water temperature to go up a little more. I'm really looking forward to our 100 degree days. Summer will bring more than heat this year, it will also bring an end to the allergy season.
No comments:
Post a Comment