Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Wrap Up

On Saturday afternoon, Nicco colored his easter eggs.
He loved them.
On Sunday morning, roughly 5 minutes after the Easter Bunny hid the eggs and WAY too early for a 5 year old to be up, Nicco came in our room, begging to hunt for the eggs. I made him snuggle me for an hour, because 5:45 was just too early to be moving.
He found 5 of the 6 eggs he colored. The 6th was on top of Frankie's house, and she knocked it off.
He lined up his Easter treats in a straight row.
He let me dress him up in his Easter outfit, even though it "makes me look stupid." We went to church and enjoyed the Easter services. Nicco brought one of the treats left by the easter bunny, whose existence he does not question. When the first speaker mentioned Jesus, he asked me "Does Jesus even exist?" I guess we should spend a little more time focusing on the real significance of our holidays...

After church, we relaxed a little. I watched part of The Passion of the Christ, but Nicco came in just when the flogging began, so I had to change the channel. We had guests for dinner, so Patrice and I set a pretty table:
But our friends and sushi chef ended up just eating sushi bar style at the island instead. Which is fine. It was more intimate and fewer dishes for me.
Yummmmmmm.....
This gentleman works at the restaurant near the Boss' house, and has catered a couple of parties for the Boss. In return for the business opportunity, he offered the same service to Patrice. It was the most fantastic sushi feast we've had, ever. De-lish. A non-traditional Easter dinner, but I guess that is fitting considering we had a Jew, a Greek Orthodox, a Catholic, and a Mormon at our table.

1 comment:

Danae said...

I think Nicco looks handsome in his Easter outfit, not stupid!