The lemons are turning, and we even slept with our window open one night.
Then, as promptly as they dropped, the temperatures rose again. It is back to consistently 100-105, the pool is back up to about 84. (I do think our days of 88 degrees and night swims may be over) The air conditioner still kicks on in the middle of the night and I can't quite open doors and windows to let the fresh air in.
Patrice came home overheated and sweaty the other day and said I don't need to complain about summer ending yet. I reminded him that I was anticipating, not complaining. I have a few more days (weeks?) of relaxing on the hammock while my boy swims, jumping in to cool off a bit then continuing to enjoy this view while I read my book:
Summer can stick around a while as far as I'm concerned.
2 comments:
I am happy to have my warm temps now too. I would like the electric bill to go down... We still have at least 4 weeks of warm/hot. It is usually still quite warm on Halloween. I love the in between time, no A/C, not heat!
Yes...there are 2 things I won't miss about summer--power bills and scorpions.
Post a Comment