Sunday, September 12, 2010

Envy and Jealousy Part III

Mom and Dad are in Venice now. I think Dad was most excited about the Italy part of the tour. Venice is pretty dirty and stinky, but fantastic. When I was in Italy last, Steph and I wandered around side streets and found a really great little restaurant. If I remembered what it was called, I might have told mom and dad to go there. The kids we were with were always disappointed with food and people pretty much everywhere we went, but that is mostly because they stuck to the main tourist drags and only ever spoke English and really expected that everyone would speak English too. Very often, that is a safe assumption, but completely pretentious and rude. Plus, they were in high school.
I hope Mom and Dad ride in a gondola and have a schmoozy gondolier sing to them!
Ahh, Florence. This city is a cultural, historical, artistic paradise. I was here during a festival. The street performers and parades were pretty amazing. Better than Denver's buskerfest, and better than the 24th of July in Fairview!
And Rome. When you visit Rome, you can hear whispers of the ancient past. It's true.
I'm back to being totally jealous, even though I've been to all these places.

2 comments:

Di said...

We had a schmoozy gondolier sing to us at the Venetian in Vegas - does that count? I can't believe a parade could possibly be better than the Mammoth parade.

Tam said...

That counts as something...