Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remember

Where were you 9 years ago today? What were you doing, thinking, feeling? Where were your loved ones, family, and friends?

Honor our fallen by remembering.

Never forget.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

We were sitting in the living room at Bob and Tanya's watching Sesame Street. Dave had taken vacation days and we had just come back from D.C. the day before. Tanya called and all she said was turn on the TV, something's happened. We turned it on just in time to see the second tower fall.

Danae said...

Matt had just taken Madsen to Kindergarten, I was at home with my new baby. Di called and asked me what I was doing and my response was nothing. She told me to turn on the tv. I sat there for the rest of the day. I saw the 2nd plane go in and both towers fall. Shock and horror.

Mom and Dad said...

We were in China as you recall and had just returned to our hotel after dinner and a show of some kind. Dad had turned on the tv just to see the news and was in the bathroom brushing his teeth. I saw the first plane hit the first tower and thought I was watching some future holocaust movie instead of news. It only took a few seconds to realize that it was a real time holocaust and told Dad to get in there and see. We spent the rest of that evening, night watching. In the morning, the Chinese people in the hotel were very kind and sympathetic. We didn't know if we were going to be stuck in China extra days because of the shut downs of airways in the US.
Yes, always remember.