Monday Fun-day found the Boudou Family at Funtasticks Family Fun Park. Nobody was there. We thought it was closed. Nope, just a school day and nobody was around. It cost us roughly $20 apiece for all the fun we could handle in this run down little place. Oh, unless we wanted to go to the batting cages, the video arcade, or the laser tag. Holy moly.

We started with a round of mini-golf. With Nicco, Captain OCD, this was destined to be one extreme or another, he would either love it and want to do it over and over again, or he would "not do great at this" and would end up kicking and screaming on the ground with clubs and balls a-flyin'. Happily, it was the former, rather than the latter. Here he is getting a lesson from the daddy.

His form on subsequent shots was less than ideal, but he actually did pretty well, all things considered. If we had been keeping score, he probably would have beat me. Which says more about me than him, truth being told. Anyway, he had fun.

The haunted hole was one of his favorites. It is reminiscent of one of Super Mario's galaxies, after all. Then again, pretty much everything is reminiscent of a galaxy these days.

The bumper/squirty boats were refreshing after a round of golf. I got soaked. I think Patrice and Nicco maybe got a little spray, but mostly, they soaked me.


Nicco got to ride the kiddieland rides as many times as he wanted, since we were the only ones at the park. Bliss for a 4 year old!

This is the second round on the carousel, after the second round in the bumper boats. Nicco rode with me that time, hence the wet hair.
We also rode go-karts, but I am not coordinated enough to drive and take pictures at the same time. We did a second round of golf, in which we adhered to the traditional rules of mini golf even more loosely than the first time around.
The park was dirty, the equipment was run down, the train wasn't running, and it was way overpriced. But, Nicco said he wants to go golfing again tomorrow, and you just can't put a price on childhood summertime fun. Right?
2 comments:
Looks like Nicco had fun. I hate those places. I don't mind a round of mini golf but the rest of the "fun", I can do without. The last time we were at the Boondocks here, I found a shady spot on the ground with a wall to rest my back on and took a nap. I'm sure everybody around me having fun thought I was a crazy person. My poor kids.
I don't like those places either but my kids love them. I am really happy when they get invited to a birthday party at one of those places because they get to play and I don't have to do anything besides drop them off and pick them up! Dave makes sure we keep score and don't cheat at mini golf so it has turned into this mega competition everytime we go. Sadly I usually lose. The kids are all getting pretty good, they are giving Dave a run for his money.
Post a Comment