Saturday, April 3, 2010

FINALLY!

I really hate to admit it, but I am actually looking forward to our hot days so we can jump in and enjoy the pool. This week it is actually going to be warm enough to maybe try it out...

The other day, Patrice bought a remote control toy boat so we could start having fun with the water, but dipping the tootsies was too much to resist.

Nicco is actually wearing his second outfit because he did hop on in at one point to reach the boat.
Today I decided to blow up the fishy boat and let Nicco float. I figured he would be happy to get out on the water without freezing. The pool is only 68 degrees, a bit on the chilly side for actual swimming in my opinion.

He floated for an hour or so, but that got too boring.

He asked for a bucket to fill his boat. I was a little anxious, because unlike Guam, Nicco's little fishy island is not attached to the ground and could potentially capsize.

He started out just filling his bucket from his boat, but then he decided to go all in. I couldn't stop him, and I am really glad that we have a biggish wading ledge so that he can splash and play without forcing me to go in the water with him.
Then he discovered that the water splashed in his face when he plunged his bucket straight into the pool, replacing the air for water.

That fun lasted for another hour or so, then the daddy came home early, and THIS was the next logical step in the pool play progression:
Good times, good times.

No comments: