Saturday, April 24, 2010

Doing the Job the Federal Government Won't Do (A.K.A. Proud to be an Arizonan Today!)


"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, the tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
(Any mention of thieves, rapists, murderers, drug and human traffickers? No? No.)

"No man is above the law, and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right, not asked as a favor."
~Theodore Roosevelt
"I believe every one of us wants to be safe, and none of us wants to compromise on civil rights. I believe we must love and honor those who fight beside us, just as we must love and honor those who look and believe nothing like we do....we are governed by laws that confer respect and demand respect in return. And so, to protect all of us, every citizen of Arizona and everyone here in our state lawfully, while ensuring the constitutional rights of all in Arizona remain solid, stable, and steadfast, I now sign senate bill 1070."
~Governor Jan Brewer

No comments: