One of my preschool moms gave me the French Muzzy children's language program. Trouble is, they are on video tapes. That is right, VHS tapes that go in a VCR. What is a VCR, you might ask? You might ask, but I won't address that particular aspect of this little trip down memory lane. A couple of years ago, our neighbors purged their house of all kid things, including quite a collection of Beanie Babies (I guess they decided those "collector's items" won't actually pay off.) and several Disney videos. I promptly passed the Beanies along (I think to the trash...I am often too lazy make the trip to Goodwill, and the end of the driveway is so much more convenient) but for some inexplicable reason, I kept the videos. Patrice plugged in the VCR so Nicco can watch his French lessons, and he was thrilled (Nicco, not Patrice) to finally have technology capable of playing his videos. Today he watched "Pokey-nose" and "Nine Little Dogs" a.k.a. Pinnochio and 101 Dalmatians.
5 comments:
My kids were amazed to discover that we had a "real" functioning typewriter in the church library (not sure why we have one, and it may not be there much longer...)they had never seen one before.
Pokey-nose cracks me up. This poor generation just has no idea the technology they take for granted in their daily lives. Remember when we didn't have a VCR and got 3 channels in Bailey? Have any of them even seen a record, let alone a record player.
Last sentence - should be punctuated with a question mark. Forgive me my punctuation error, please.
Forget about a record player...we are on the verge of kids not even knowing what a CD and CD player are!
Think about the great big stereo mom and dad had compared to an Ipod. Things have changed a bit.
Post a Comment