Monday, March 11, 2013

A Real Haircut, for Once

About a week or so ago, Patrice said that the next time Nicco needs a haircut, he wants to take him to a place. Naturally, I took offense and asked if the Mommy Haircuts aren't good enough for him. Naturally, he said, "It's not that..." but didn't tell me what it was, exactly.
 
I didn't really take offense. I'm well aware that the Mommy Haircuts aren't perfect. They are good enough, I thought, until the boy started to notice for himself the uneven spots, or until he started caring about his appearance.
 
The boy did NOT want to go to a place. He said, "You're cutting my hair, and THAT'S. FINAL." He also said, "I'm not going anywhere!" and proceeded to throw a baby tantrum that would put a two-year-old to shame. It was delightful.
 
The Daddy, who was due for a haircut, refused to take the kid with that attitude. I kind of refused to cave to the attitude, so I had to tag along so I could remove the kid from the premises if he tried to shame and embarrass us in public. The excursion was prefaced with a very real threat to destroy Super Mario Bros if the kid couldn't get it together by the time we got to the place.
 
Miraculously, the tears were dry when we pulled up. He waited patiently for his dad to finish up, he sat pleasantly and obediently in the chair...
...he even managed a smile. When all was said and done, he confessed that it was in fact a good experience.
He likes his new 'do, he liked getting buzzed, and it was worth it, he said. Then he asked if he could play wii. What a funny little guy! I reminded him that his reward for being good at the clip joint was NOT having Mario Bros destroyed by the Angry Mama.

He's a little booger, but a handsome little booger!

No comments: