Nicco is (still) eating lunch. It's only been an hour and a half, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I told him that when he finishes we can go swim. I went out to the front yard to trim my poor dying fern (what? a plant dying, on Tamara's watch???) and cut the weeds which are making us the eyesore of the neighborhood. As I was trimming the fern, I heard a pitter patter of little feet and without turning around I said, "Get back to the table and finish your lunch." Nicco said, "How did you know I was here?" I informed him that as a Mom, I know everything and see everything. I have eyes in the back of my head. He laughed, but then got serious and said, "If you did, you would be an alien."
Now he knows my secret.
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
2 comments:
My kids are still amazed and my "eyes in the back of my head" abilities. I keep reminding them that I know everything they do. I know when they are being sneaky, I know when they are fibbing, I know when they haven't done the job they were supposed to without even having to inspect...I hope that as they turn into teenagers my voice will be in their head saying "I know exactly what you are up to right now!"
If it isn't in their head when they are teenagers, it most definitely will be when they HAVE teenagers.
Post a Comment