The stucco is painted a lovely chocolatey color. When Patrice asked us if we liked the color, Nicco said it's nice, it looks like chocolate. I asked him if he thought it looked good enough to eat, to which he responded matter of factly, "You don't eat paint."
We added a sun-shade over the grill. It makes a huge difference in both the temperature and the ambient lighting. It creates a cozy, yellow glow in the corner.
Speaking of ambient light, Patrice also hung up our stars that we didn't know what to do with and added another light to brighten up the corner and to make it practical and usable at night. He also added a row of tiki torches.
We did eat in our new outdoor kitchen the other night, and it was a little slice of heaven!
Pool Update:
The temperature in our pool has been hovering between about 74 and 76 degrees. Nicco swims almost every day, but Patrice and I have only jumped in a couple of times. It is still a little on the cool side for us to really enjoy. People keep telling us we need to put a solar cover on it. We hesitated and debated and decided against the cover because of the kid. If he fell into an open pool, he would be able to swim and climb out. However, if he fell into a covered pool, he may just get wrapped up and drown.
We caved when our friends said their pool is up to 88, and they don't heat it...that temperature is only due to the cover.
We made a #1 Tippy Top Most Important Rule that Nicco NEVER goes to the pool side without one of us. EVER. We explained why. It was 76 when we put the cover on yesterday. We made bets on how high it would get by the end of the day today. Patrice said 85, I said 86, Nicco said 90. It is already 80.
Quail Update:
I heard a rustling noise outside my window this morning so I grabbed the camera and quietly sneaked out back. In spite of my efforts to be stealthy and silent, I startled the Mama and Papa out from the pile of dead palm leaves Patrice cut down yesterday. They proceeded to pace back and forth at a safe distance from me, but clearly agitated. I am susipcious that they hid their babies in that pile of leaves. I kind of hope not, because they don't know it, but that is NOT a safe place! The leaves will be hauled away on Friday! I don't think I can talk my husband into keeping trash in the yard for the sake of my quail babies. I will probably try, though.
Also, I saw one little solitary baby quail crossing the street by the wash on my way home from dropping Nicco off at school. While he was as cute as he could be, it was sad to see him alone. I hope his family was nearby, and that he just needed to catch up, not that he was abandoned.
No comments:
Post a Comment