Last Thursday when I picked Nicco up from school he said sadly, "Today was Danielle's last day. That means I'll never see her again." Nicco and Danielle have been pals ever since she moved in. She is the "little-red-haired-girl" of Nicco's world. I left a note for Danielle's mom to call me if she wanted to get our kids together to play sometime. We set a date for Friday. Yesterday when I dropped Nicco off at school, his teacher told me he will surely miss her. He always asks if he can sit at her table at lunch. He sighs and smiles when he talks about her. She always seemed like a sweet little thing when I saw her at school pick up times. It will be fun for them to play together outside of school, I think.
The last couple of months when Nicco was still taking 1/2 hour swim lessons, there was this cute little girl named Madison in his class. She turned up at the big pool to join the swim team a few weeks ago, and Nicco was happy to see his friend again. On Monday, he waited for her to catch up to him when they put their towels away. She brags to their coach that she and Nicco were in swim class together. She's a little more feisty than Danielle, I think. Maddie is a take charge kind of girl. Where Danielle waves timidly to Nicco across the rug at circle time, Maddie takes his hand and they march together back to their swim coach.
I think it's cute. Patrice is very proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment