Then we went to the park for a picnic and to play.
When it was time to get Danielle's little sister home for her nap, neither one of the kids want their fun to end. I suggested that it is a good time to leave while everyone was still having a good time, and that we would play again soon. But Danielle asked if she could show Nicco her house, so we were invited over for cookies and a few more minutes of play. A few more minutes turned into four hours. The kids had a blast, laughing and playing and making believe. Danielle's mom and I just chatted and chatted away. I don't normally chat like that unless I'm with one of my sisters! (Patrice will be so proud of me...I was social. We might have new friends!) Somehow, at the end of nearly 6 hours together, we still managed to leave when everyone was still having fun.
The library's story teller introduced the summer reading challenge and listed all the prizes for reaching certain milestones. Nicco is very excited to get his "reading map" and to go to the library again next Friday. "And I think Danielle will be there, and then we can go to the park, and have a picnic, and go to her house, and do all the same things," he said. I am sure that Danielle's mom does not want us to come to her house for four hours every Friday, so I suggested to Nicco that we may want to invite Danielle to our house after the library next time.
When we got home from swim practice, Nicco spread his arms as wide as he could and told his daddy "I had THIS MUCH FUN!"
No comments:
Post a Comment