Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scorpions and Lucha Libre

This morning while I was working, Nicco casually and matter of factly stated "That's an e-scorpion." My heart/stomach promptly jumped to my throat and I turned around and saw this:
To quote Sawyer, "Son of a..." okay, I won't quote Sawyer, you get the idea. The little stinker was almost dead, but not quite. I grabbed the nearest shoe and squished and squished and squished. The photo above is post-squishing. The nasty little buggers don't squish. I watched him squirm until I was sure he was dead because I really don't want to pick up a still squirming scorpion, even through the protection of an entire roll of toilet paper. Once I was sure he was dead, I was ready to flush him, but Nicco wanted to leave him there so Daddy could see him. I am not sure the Daddy cares to see our scorpion, he's seen his fair share, but the kid was pretty excited about his disturbing discovery.
So we put him in a jar with a nice tight lid. I want to be sure he really is dead and can't escape.

Gross. They are so creepy! {{shudders}}

I'm glad I have El Monstruo to protect and defend.

2 comments:

Danae said...

those are creepy critters. Good thing for the super hero to save the day!

Tam said...

Heebie jeebies. I've had them all day!