Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Official

I'm having a little freak-out!

After Nicco's earlier scorpion sighting, I got to work vaccuming nooks and crannies. Look what I found:

This one was dead for sure and quickly vaccumed up, but ugh! This one was also bigger and a different color. I know that most scorpion stings are not fatal, but there is one type, the Arizona Bark Scorpion, that has venom potent enough to kill a person. Patrice's bug guy is spraying the Boss' house tomorrow and he's going to send them to our house afterwards.

I maybe should have put the second one in the jar with the first in case the bug guy could help me identify and distinguish deadly/not deadly scorpions. Although I am sufficiently freaked out by the nasty little guys that I will find a way to kill them if I see them, regardless of the potency of their venom.

Maybe someday seeing scorpions won't be shocking to me, but I'm still new to their enviroment and they freak me out! I promise no more pictures of scorpions today.

2 comments:

Di said...

They are so creepy! That sounds like almost the only bad thing about where you are living now! Ugghh!!

Tam said...

They are definitely the worst thing about where we are living. I can handle the hot, snakes are not as abundant as scorpions (or as sneaky), and the other bad thing about being here I haven't encountered yet but I don't want to name it because I don't want to jinx myself.