Thursday, January 28, 2010

Softy-soft

Nicco loves soft things. Who doesn't, really? Anyway, he named my soft robe Mommy's soft; he has three little fleece cuddly squares called Baby Softy, Broncos Softy, and Duckie Softy; he snuggles his Soft Blankie; his favorite toy is his Soft Bear. This afternoon when we arrived at his swim class, I had to dig him out from under all his stuff. I named all his soft things one by one as I removed them...SpongeBob, Soft Blankie, Soft bear...Soft Boo.

Nicco is picky about what he can be called. Nicco, Boo, Buddy, Bug, Baby Bear, all seem to be acceptable. He does not like being called a Monkey and he objects to SpongeBoo NiccoPants. Perry the Platypus (of Phineas and Ferb fame) is the only Secret Agent allowed in our house, there can be no Agent Boo. So when I called him Soft Boo at the pool today, he was highly offended and said indignantly "I am NOT SOFT!" Then to emphasize his point, he rubbed his little bare thigh and immediately changed his tone. "Oh," he said, "maybe I am."

4 comments:

Danae said...

ok, this made me laugh out loud.

Sheila said...

Hee Hee hee! What a shame to have a household where only one secret agent is allowed! Cute Nicco.

Mom and Dad said...

I have a soft spot in my heart for all my grandkids. Does that make me a softee too?

Tam said...

Soft Grandma...

That was maybe a little presumptuous of me.

Soft Grandpa...