Friday, January 1, 2010

Bonne Anee 2010

Ringing out the old:

Last night, we went up to the working house to watch the dog while the boss is out of town. Nicco showed off his diving, floating, and other swimming skills in the hot tub for about 45 minutes. After the soak, we got our comfies on and settled in front of the fireplace. We turned on a show for Nicco at about 10:00, thinking that after playing in the warm water for so long he would fall asleep quickly and we could watch a mommy/daddy show. No such luck, Nicco stayed up through all of Madagascar 2. We snuggled into bed and put on a late-late show to watch until either Nicco fell asleep or 2010 arrived. The boy got his silly on and could not stop laughing. He even uttered "I...can't...stop...laughing!" between bursts of laughter. At midnight, I told him to give his daddy (who was mostly asleep) a kiss and tell him happy new year. We watched 2 minutes of madness in the streets of New York, turned everything off, and went to sleep. Big night!

Ringing in the new:

We are cleaning up the house, taking down Christmas, relaxing a little, hopefully signing papers for a new house, and setting goals.

Tam resolves to:

*learn French

*exercise every day

*finish my Pulitzer reading list



Nicco resolves to:

*learn French with Mommy

*keep his toys orderly



Patrice resolves to:

*practice French with Mommy and Nicco

*exercise every day

(P.S. I started this post on January 1. It is now January 2 and so far, a big FAT failure at our resolutions! Nothing like getting off to a great start! In our defense, we have spent nights and mornings at the big house to watch the dog. Things are not normal. Back to normal on Monday. Monday is a good goal starting day, right? Also, nothing like starting off by making excuses!)

(P.P.S. We submitted an offer on a house today. We really like it. A lot. Anyone who wants to cross their fingers, say a prayer, light a candle, sacrifice a goat...whatever...in hopes that the owners and the bank accept our offer, the sentiment would be appreciated.)

1 comment:

Alayne said...

I hate watching "the dog" I have to watch the dog of the person who own's my house too! I'm pretty sure Bryan doesn't read this blog, so I'm not too worried that he know that I hate watching "the dog" :-)
Good luck on the house!!! I'll sacrifice a goat for ya!