We went to the State Farm office today to look at converting our auto coverage from Colorado to Arizona as well as to evaluate our home insurance policy. While we were discussing options, this is what Nicco did:

All on his own, without prompting or assistance. This is the first time (that I am aware) he has tried to write his name. At home, he either lets me hold his hand while I write it, or he will let me make dots for him to trace. I am not sure if they have worked on it at school more or not. His teacher just told me about the one time they tried and he was nearly in tears because he is "not doing great at this." I know it is a small step, but I'm still pleased and proud! (He also sounded out "Fresh Fish" at the grocery store.)
Then again, he didn't finish because "WAIT! O is not next!" pound fist on table, throw pen and paper on the floor, hang head in shame and dismay, cry tears of frustration. He did not accept my assertion that the letter following the "i" is not an "o" because it is open on one side, like a "c."
Like I said, small steps.
7 comments:
Good job, small fellow.
Once again, we have a brilliant (allbeit perfectionist) grandchild in our family! Yay for him learning all these wonderful skills. He'll be both reading and writing in no time. Fresh fish! Wahoo! Tell him G @ G Madsen are very proud of him.
Progress is progress, yay for Nicco!
good for Nicco. I think he has Cannon beat in the OCD department. Those 2 would be such an entertaining pair.
Do you think they get it from Grandpa?
NO.WAY.
Dad said, "Hey, what are you guys talking about?!"
Post a Comment