For the first time (and the last...) Patrice had to work on Christmas Eve. It was going to be a late night. That's okay, the lateness, because we stay up to track Santa until midnight-ish. ("How do you think he does that, get around the world in 24 hours? My child inquired. "I bet it's like that episode when Amy got stuck in a different time-stream than Rory and the Doctor. Santa's in a slower time stream." Brilliant.)
Knowing that the Daddy would be busy and tired, I prepared some snacks. The strawberry Santas were successful. The star-topped sausages were passable, and the tomato-basil-mozzarella stuffed puff pastries were a failure.
It was a good thing that Kengo came home with Patrice so we had sushi for our late dinner! I tried, and Patrice appreciated the gesture.
When the kid went to bed, the elves came and fed the "watermelons" to the reindeer, cleaned up the "farm," and got Nicco's big surprise ready.
The daddy and I went to bed with big smiles on our faces, anticipating the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment