Christmas is fun. I remember packing snacks and games and sleeping bags and blankets and pillows all in one room so my three sisters and I could entertain ourselves comfortably as we inevitably stayed awake all night long on Christmas eve, unable to sleep with the excitement and anticipation.
As a mama though, it's way more fun. Now I stay up late putting finishing touches on gifts and piles and writing notes to/from The Claus, filling stockings, etc. I don't stay up all night like I did as a kid, but the excitement and anticipation is just as palpable.
This year we could. not. wait. until the boy got up to see his surprises.
He was thrilled with his 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver. He goes around sonic-ing everything.
He was happy, but a little intimidated I think, with his very own bb gun.
The screwdriver and a Dalek bookmark and the bb-gun were all the presents for him under the tree. The Daddy and I opened our gifts and I could tell that Nicco, thrilled as he was with the sonic, was a bit disappointed.
I led him down the hall where his entire bedroom door was wrapped. I guess he thought it was just decoration. I told him I thought it looked more like the biggest present ever. He opened the door and ...
Wow!
Ooh!
Aah!
Awesome!
Oh my goodness!
Yippee!
He L-O-V-E-D his new pad. He explored and tried out every nook and cranny. We could not have wished for a better reaction. Even the Fuzzy Buddy was excited!
After the initial surprise wore off, he made himself comfy as the Man of his House.
He invited me to sit on his couch and read while he played.
We joined him. All of us.
And it was a very merry Christmas indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment