Saturday, September 21, 2013

Tickling the Ivories

We've been talking for a while about getting Nicco into piano lessons. Music is good for the brain and the spirit, you know. I talked to his music teacher at school, whom he loves, and found out that she also does private lessons. I also found out that she is a little pricier than some of the other local instructors, but I'll tell you what, some things are definitely worth it.
 
I sat in on his first lesson and Mrs. Marcy is really and truly and absolutely fantastic. He responded very well to her instructions and motivational tactics. My favorite part was watching him gently sway while he played. We were in CO for the first week of his instruction so we walked to my parents' neighbors' house to borrow their piano for him to practice. When we got back home, I found him a keyboard on which to play. He's a good little practicer, for the most part. He only gets frustrated on the first day after a new lesson, which is typical for him. You know, he hates "not doing great" on his first attempt at anything.

It has been about a month now and his teacher says that he has quite an ear. That's good to know! Who knows...maybe he'll live in our house forevermore and do art AND music in the office!

No comments: