Sunday, September 22, 2013

Camera Dump

Nicco, like most kids but maybe more than the average, loves to build forts. I let him do it every now and then. I even let him leave his forts up in the living room for a few days at a time but after a while I just. can't. take it anymore and make him put them away. It's a big pain because he always wants them to be perfect (hmm...wha?) and the cat always (ALWAYS) jumps on top and destroys whatever he builds. This was his most recent addition to our living room:

The boy had fun, but I finally had to make him take it down. Weeks later, he started building again. He dragged out the big sheet and I told him no, that I didn't want his house taking over my house. So he put it away and dragged out an extra comforter. Which would be as much of an intrusion but worse because it was heavier and therefore more difficult to anchor with books. Ugh. He was not happy when I didn't let him build. He did agree to take out his little tent instead and load it up with pillows and cover it with the comforter. The cat jumped on top, but she only temporarily caved it in. It was a fair compromise, I thought.

When the Daddy was working on the Jeep, the boy was climbing on the Jeep. I wanted to take pictures of my kid with the sun behind him. He gave me some great toothless grins. These smiles are limited!

He's such a happy boy. Most of the time.

I made this. I'm kind of proud. But not too proud...the hat is really small (I think it will fit a tiny baby, but not for long!) and one sleeve is slightly longer and fatter than the other. So I guess I hope the baby I give it to has a really small head and one arm longer and fatter than the other.
 And finally, some on the road silliness.



No comments: