The 18th was a holiday. When I told Nicco, he was mad at me for making him go to school. I told him schools don't celebrate this particular holiday. Definitely not with Queen Michelle in charge of the school lunch police! It was National Cheeseburger Day. I only knew about it because my friend said so. Why does this holiday not show up on the calendar? Is it Queen Michelle's conspiracy against all things yummy and delicious and bad for you all the time, but oh so good for you once in a while?
I made plans to meet up with the twins and their Mama (their Papa had to work) at Five Guys after the kids finished swim, karate, and gymnastics practice. Nicco and I were there first and all I told him was that I had a surprise for him. We pulled up to Five Guys and his eyes got big and excited. He loves Five Guys. He said, "Is Five Guys my surprise?" I told him that's where we were meeting the surprise. He asked, "Is it a person or a thing?" Both, I told him. We heard some rumbling motor and he thought it was his Daddy on his motorcycle. It wasn't. Yet.
He said, "Once my surprise gets here, can we just pop in for a drink?" I told him we could. After a few more guesses, his surprise pulled up. His eyes and smile got all big again and he said excitedly, "Devin and Delaney!"
Patrice had called a few minutes earlier to let me know he was late but on his way, and could I order for him. So when the ladies arrived, we popped in. I let Nicco know that the surprise was dinner with his daddy and his friends at Five Guys. I told him about the holiday and that's when he got upset about the school thing. Of course I documented the special occasion:
Om nom nom! Nothing beats a burger and fries at Five Guys!


No comments:
Post a Comment