Saturday, April 13, 2013

There's a First Time for Everything...

...And Saturday was Nicco's first time bowling. It was also his first visit to Hooters. You see, the bowling alley is attached to Hooters. It is unclear from the front where the bowling alley entrance is located. Based on the sign and arrow, it appears that you have to go through Hooters to get to the bowling alley. So I took my little wide-eyed boy, innocently and sweetly carrying his colorfully wrapped birthday present, into Hooters. We asked how to get to the bowling alley. The gals smiled and pointed the way. Nicco smiled back and said nothing. It was amusing. I barely suppressed my giggles. And my shame.

It was a challenge, once inside, to find bowling balls light enough for small children to roll, but heavy enough to do the job. Once that was accomplished, Nicco said, "That ball is heavier than I expected!"
 He got the spare on that shot up there. He was really excited.
 Here, he's encouraging the ball down the lane. Sometimes, it almost didn't make it.
(I have videos, but google hates me.) 
His score after the first game. I think he's better than me! Let's just say it was a good thing they used the bumpers.

After bowling, the party moved to the party room for gifts, pizza, and cake. Then the kids were set loose in the arcade. Nicco played the same game 20 times in a row. It only cost one token to play and he got 20 tickets each time. Enough to "win" a cool swirly straw water bottle.

Nicco had a blast, so that's a winner. Unless his having fun means we have to come back...hmmm. Maybe it was NOT a successful day after all!
 

No comments: