Friday, December 18, 2009

Fun and Games

Mom brought Nicco a new stuffed ball when she visited at Thanksgiving. Since then, Nicco's interest in balls and games associated with balls has been renewed. Once we put up the Christmas tree, I had to nix the ball throwing, kicking, and hitting in the living room. The boy staunchly refuses to play ball outside. The rocks and cacti are not very inviting. Also, he always seems to get the ball game desire right before bed time, when playing ball outside under the best of circumstances (weather-wise) is highly inconvenient. Not to be dissuaded from playing ball, we found an acceptable field...the hallway. Nicco is pretty good at tossing and hitting his "baseball." I'd like to think he has some athletic talent, but more likely it is the size of the ball and bat...
One problem with the game is that if Nicco misses the ball, he dives for it. Anyone else see an emergency room trip waiting to happen, given the corners on the blind there? I thought my brain would explode watching him bonk his noggin over and over again. I suggested a quieter game, and he said "Like hide and seek?" It is less wild, if not quieter...
Nicco found me hiding in the closet.


Then he hid under the bed and under the table. He giggles and squeals and just cannot believe it when I find him. He got himself stuck under the table. Needed to be rescued. Even though our game of hide and seek was something of a rowdy romp, it was so much more fun than watching another episode of SpongeBob!

No comments: