We got dressed, brushed teeth and hair, got in the car, and went on an adventure! First we went to the Children's Museum (which was dirty, and...let's just say we were a minority ethnic group) I was lucky that Nicco was sleeping when we pulled up, because there was a HUGE sign for a new ride at the Aquarium-a SPONGEBOB ride. I may have to check it out in more detail and venture back to that neck of the woods next week. After a short visit at the museum, we went to the Build-a-Bear Workshop so Nicco could build-a-bunny for Easter. He named it Sarah. Hmmm...a crush on Sarah at school perhaps? He likes doing the computer stuff at BABW. Then, we went to McDonald's to play. We got there just as the crew was finishing a 6-hour cleanse of the play place, and we were the only ones there! Bliss! After a while, another little girl arrived with her grandma. Nicco loves to follow bigger kids around, and was thrilled to have a companion. Here are some snippets from their conversations:
Nicco: You! You! You! We have the same! See, you? We have the same! (referring to their happy meal toys)
Me: Nicco, perhaps you should say, 'Excuse me, what is your name? My name is Nicco, and we have the same monster toys.'
Nicco: Excuse me, I'm Nicco. See, we have the same! What is your name?
Ella: I'm Ella, and I know.
Nicco: (to me) She asked me how old I am.
Me: Did you tell her?
Nicco: (Head shake no, and shoulder shrug)
Me: Say 'I'm 3. How old are you?'
Nicco: I'm 3.
Ella: I'm 5. I have a cousin who's 4, and he thinks he's so smart but when he climbs up here, he just gets stuck and calls "grandma, grandma!" He's not as smart as me, but I'm 5. So...
Ella: I'm going to go up here.
Nicco: I'm going to go up here.
Ella: I'm going down the red slide.
Nicco: I'm going down the red slide.
Ella: I'm going to look for the letters in my name. E-L-L-A
Nicco: I'm going to look for the letters in my name E-L-L
Ella: You are just repeating me.
Nicco: You are just repeating me.
Ella: Stop repeating me.
Nicco: Stop repeating me.
Ella's Grandma: Ella, he's littler than you, and just having fun.
Nicco: He's little and having fun
Ella: Now you are repeating my grandma.
Nicco: Now you are repeating my grandma.
Ella: Stop.
Nicco: Stop.
Ella: Say okay
Nicco: Say okay
Ella: Say okay
Nicco: Say okay
Ella: Say okay
Nicco: Say okay
Ella: Say OKAY!!!
Nicco: Say OKAY!!!
Nicco: Hello you.
Ella: I think you mean Ella.
Nicco: (Shoots a look at me as if to say "What in the heck is she talking about? I wasn't talking to her. I was carrying on a random conversation with one of my many invisible pals. Is she CRAZY?")
Nicco followed poor Ella up and down and around. She was a pretty pleasant girl, relatively tolerant of my little copycat/follower, if not quite as enthusiastic for his attention as his loving cousins.
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
2 comments:
Oh my goodness. I am giggling outloud with tears in my eyes. That boy!
I love this!!! It reminds me sooooo much of Addie. I think they would have great conversations!
Post a Comment