Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kudos

So, Patrice has been at his new job for two months. Practically every day, his employers thank him profusely and compliment him on the work he does. He has been harboring hopes that this enthusiasm for his efforts will eventually translate into a bonus of some kind, preferably a bonus with the portaits of our former presidents. Green portraits of former presidents. Small green portraits of former presidents that might fit, oh, I don't know, in a wallet or something. Anyway, last night he came home with good news and bad news. The good news was that we won't have to pay as much in taxes as we anticipated. The bad news, he said, was that he would not be able to ask his employers for a raise any time soon. That being the bad news, I worried that they had an eccentric mood swing and fired him on the spot. He quickly relieved my anxiety and took me out to the garage to see his "bonus." A 47" flat screen HDTV. We will need a bigger house to accomodate it! Kidding, kidding. The T.V. is just a T.V., but the message was important. It is nice to be appreciated and to have your efforts rewarded. I am proud of him. In spite of the monstrosity that is now housed in my living room.

P.S. After actually moving furniture around to accomodate the new television, it is not the monster I imagined it to be when I first saw the box. I will even go as far as to say it looks just fine.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I think Dave would actually prefer that kind of bonus so that he doesn't have to waste time negotiating with his wife to get the TV, for him that would just be cutting out the middle man!

Tam said...

men are funny that way. When Patrice was talking about getting rid of the old tv he said we have to give it to someone or take it to goodwill because we can't sell it. The new one still being in the box, I thought "No, but you can sell THAT one!"