So here's how my night went:
1. Load up on Exedrine Extra Strength Migraine formula
2. Place a cool washcloth over forehead
3. Curl up in fetal position
4. Hope and wish and pray for relief before the sun comes up
My attempts at alleviating my insane headache were unsuccessful. Then sometime in the middle of the night, I heard someone (or something) knocking on our door. There were flashing lights outside. I could not hear Nicco breathing through the monitor. I heard the knocking again. I had a sudden overwhelming sense of fear that Nicco had somehow woken up and gone outside in the FREEZING cold and snow and was knocking on the door to be let back in. Then I thought someone stole him and the lights are the police and they are knocking to give my poor frozen child back to me. Then I thought it was some crazy homeless tramp who smelled all the food Patrice and his friend spent all day cooking trying to get in and was holding my baby hostage because he sneaked out because I still could not hear him breathing on the monitor. When I finally gathered my wits a little bit, I leaped out of bed, head and heart pounding, and checked on Nicco. He was in his bed, sleeping soundly, apparently not having moved an inch since I snuggled him to sleep in the first place. Then I looked out his window and saw the flashing lights on a big truck. That still didn't compute with my drugged up brain, but I felt better knowing my kid was sleeping safely in his bed. I went back to bed, wide eyed and alert in spite of the pain in my head. I heard the knocking a few more times and debated about waking Patrice to go check on who (or what) was outside. Eventually, I calmed down enough to shut my eyes again just before the heat, computer, printer, and monitor sprang back to life in a whooshing and beeping return of power.
So here's what actually happened:
The power went out. That is why I couldn't hear Nicco.
The power went out and Excel had utility trucks out all night working to restore the power, and that is why there were flashing lights and a big truck outside my window.
There were really high winds. That is why the power went out.
I still can't explain the knocking...probably just the pounding in my head.
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
3 comments:
Wow, you kept my attention from beginning to end. You should be a short story writer!! Hope things are back to normal with the power! Have you tried Immetrex for your migranes? It at least makes them shorter...
Oh the places our heads can go when startled awake and not quite all together. Poor you and your headaches.
Mmmm....Immetrex...could it solve my problem? I will definitely try it! I will try anything!
Post a Comment