Friday, August 2, 2013

California Getaway Part III; Morning Beach Walk and New Friends

Once again, Nicco and I let the Daddy sleep in solitude while we took our morning beach walk. There was a wedding going on and I think this sand castle builder was commissioned for some beach art for the occasion.

 Once again, we checked out the tide pools on the living beach. We found another starfish.
 And a bazillion mussels.
 And some timid crabs.
We heard rumors of a jellyfish invasion and with my kid's irresistible attraction to the ocean I was a little concerned. We didn't see any jellyfish on any of our beach walks so I was less and less concerned. When we met up with Mark and Mason, Mason said, "I'm sure there's one out there now."
I giggled. But then we walked out to the beach and Mason said, "See."
I also giggled when Mark said that Mason didn't bring a change of clothes because he was just going to get his feet wet. Okay. Sure. Whatever.

Five minutes later...
 






 My view while the boys played...ahh...
We took the Soaked from Head to Toe and Covered in Sand boys up to the room to rinse off and change clothes before lunch. Mason had to borrow from Patrice. Funny kid.

The boys bonded over some silly video game while we waited to be seated.
We had lunch at the Village Pizzeria on a prior trip to San Diego. It was delicious. We returned and were treated once again to what may be some of the best pizza ever. Cheesy. And yummy.
I L-O-V-E the faces on both of these boys. So funny.
We were wind blown and sun burned and worn out so after lunch we headed back to the room to rest for a little bit before meeting Mark and Mason for the Sunday Afternoon Surprise visit to Fed Ex.

No comments: