Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Two Dads

The family is ordained of God...By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families.

I am lucky and thankful for the two dads in my life, for their love and protection, dedication and influence on me and my family.

I remember my dad saying that his friends often wondered if he wished he had a son instead of four girls. His response was something along the lines of What, to have someone to hunt and fish with? Someone to watch football with on Sunday afternoons? Someone to play catch with, to hike and climb and build forts with? Someone's high school sporting events to watch? My dad didn't miss out on any of those "boy" things by having daughters.

A few snapshots of the daddies:

The Father of Me
My dad, my grandpa, and me at my baptism in 1980
A Daddy-Daughter date in about 1983

Graduation from Brigham Young University, 1995
The Father of My Baby
Nicco's blessing, 2005

Power Tools

Rough Stuff

Kindergarten Program (I REFUSE to call it graduation)
I love that Patrice involves Nicco in projects. It teaches him the value of hard work and all the skills of planning the project and carrying it through to completion. It also teaches him to have ownership and pride in his work. He will enjoy his clubhouse that much more because he helped his daddy build it.


Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there!

No comments: