We have some mouse animosity at our house, resulting from what I presume to be a mouse living in our wall. Also, the recent hantavirus deaths I heard about in Utah prompted nightmares and an appetizing breakfast conversation. I told my husband about my nightmares and Nicco asked, "Mice can kill people?" Yes, I said. They are filthy dirty rodents that carry nasty germs that can make you really sick and their poop can kill you. Patrice, ever so helpful, told the boy not to eat mouse poop. I told him not to eat it, not to touch it, not to smell it.
On the way to French camp today the topic of conversation on the radio was government overreach and hyper-regulation choking the economy and strangling small businesses. People were calling in and telling real life stories and experiences of hyper-regulation. One guy told of his experience at the pet store he's been going to for two years to purchase mice to feed to their pet snake. Last week for the first time ever the man had to fill out a form which included his name, address, and phone number pledging that he would
humanely transport the mouse to his house where it would promptly become SNAKE FOOD.
Even my boy recognized the insanity in this. He asked what humanely means. I told him. He asked why anyone cares if a mouse is treated kindly. I said that's a good question. He said, "Besides, that's exactly who you should sell a mouse to. A mouse killer."
Indeed.
Mouse killers of the world, unite!
(At my house, please.)
No comments:
Post a Comment