The EPA is running a contest. Six Words for the Planet, it's called. Doesn't that sound nice? All warm and fuzzy and super awesome? All hands across America and Kumbaya?
They, the EPA, are asking people to submit six-word essays about the planet for a taxpayer-funded project aiming to “celebrate the environment.”
Staff members shared their own submissions on the blog post announcing the project.
Many nations. One planet. Our home.
Our only. Our one. Home planet.
{{sniff}}
Staff members at the Washington Free Beacon asked about how much money was being used to fund the project. The amount is unknown. The WFB requests for comments on the use of taxpayer money to fund the project passed unacknowledged. The WFB writer's 6 words for the EPA are:
Request for comment. Was not returned.
Here's my submission. You can see it at the EPA website. My handle is 'taxpayer.'
Why are you wasting my money?
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
2 comments:
Ha! You are feisty! I like it. Good point. :)
You know, I love Earth. It's a good creation. Well done, God! I believe we need to be good stewards and conserve our resources. But the level of waste and hypocrisy in organizations like the EPA just aggravate me to no end.
So I get all feisty, in a passive aggressive sort of way. :)
Post a Comment